Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Avenging Pearl Harbor

Munich

So I made it here and found a party of sorts. I stayed last night in a dirt cheap glorified refugee camp called The Tent, where you turn up and get a few blankets and a space on the floor of a marquee for about half the price of a hostel. It was raining hard so I was pretty soggy by the time I found it so I just plonked down my stuff and ambled over to the bar. It made a pleasant change to meet some real people, even if most of them were Australian, and we all drank, played cards, sat around the campfire and discussed various hostel showers until the wee hours. On returning groggily to my spot in the tent, I found some Japanese bird had moved my stuff out of the way and was fast asleep. Taking a few moments to weigh up my options, I decided the just thing to do would be to steal my blankets back and leg it over the other side of the tent. The mission proved a complete success.

1 Comments:

At 29 July 2004 at 15:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the words leg and over were a trifle worrying there. mamatatax.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home