Tuesday, August 17, 2004

On The Box

Budapest

For the first time in ages I've got access to British telly. I've found so far that not having any TV to watch or job to go to makes days go on forever. When you haven't got any of the normal time killers, 16 waking hours can be a long stretch. Not that that's bad - the month I've been away feels at least double that.

The only UK channel my dad's got is, funnily enough, Sky News, but I'm not sad to report it doesn't make me feel homesick. Turning over to the local coverage of the Olympics is much more entertaining. From what I remember the BBC focus on sports we're good at like rowing and three day eventing. Over here they do the same except that means fencing, water polo and - best of all - handball. Watching the Hungarian team scrape a victory over that well known handball hotbed of Brazil kept me occupied for a bit, even if I couldn't really understand what was going on.

Off out for some drinks tonight. I suppose it's best I tear myself away from that ludicrous synchronised diving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home