Wednesday, September 15, 2004

No Room At The Inn

Irkutsk

It's all gone a bit Pete Tong in the last 24 hours. The train journey from Krasnoyarsk was a bit of a nightmare from the start as my legendary ox-like constitution finally caved in completely, leaving me to become much more acquainted with the interior of Russian Railways toilets than I'd ever thought possible. Nasty stomach pains too and I didn't sleep at all. It must be something I ate and I'm quite prepared to blame those superficially friendly Siberians who gave me all that food on the train the other day. I thought they were being hospitable but clearly they were all just out to poison me, bastards.

I've been trailing round town for the last couple of hours looking for a place to rest my shattered body but to no avail. There's one place left to try and if that draws a blank I may be forced into skirting round Lake Baikal and making an earlier than expected dash for Mongolia. Bet all that boiled mutton won't give me food poisoning.

2 Comments:

At 15 September 2004 at 08:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard sounds horrible...what can you say, Russia gets to us all in some way. Hope you found somewhere to rest your head before leaving Russia.

 
At 15 September 2004 at 09:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich,

Hope you found somewhere. Good luck on the next train.

Guess who from Budapest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home