Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Get Your Hair Cut

Ulan Bator

Yesterday and today I went to the National History Museum and then the Natural History Museum. I found the former more interesting, I never realised the Mongol Empire stretched quite that far. The highlight was a photocopy of a letter from the Khan to the Pope informing him he was now a Mongol subject. The arrogance of it! I certainly wouldn't have messed with them.

Got my hair cut this afternoon, the first time I've paid for one in about ten years. I'd like to say that in the confusion I ended up with it dyed bright red or in several ponytails, but the guy just gave me a plain old short back and sides. A very attractive young Mongolian girl signalled whether I wanted it washed and I let her, if only because that's as close to a sexual thrill as I'm going to get on this holiday. She managed to get water all over one side of me but I didn't mind too much. Maybe I'll go back again tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 22 September 2004 at 10:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'd be interesting to see how "wash and blow dry" translates...

Andrew

 

Post a Comment

<< Home