Saturday, August 28, 2004

Anyone For Boar?

St Petersburg

Took living beyond our means to a new level last night. We went out to a restaurant and I ordered a double portion of wild boar as the third course of my meal. I'd actually wanted elk but clearly David Hasselhoff had been there before me because they'd run out.

Found a bar with a remarkable peasant trio playing various folk songs. At one point they dropped the sound they themselves described as "Yugoslavski" and moved into a very strange version of "The Final Countdown" by Europe. I've said it before and I'll say it again - that would never have happened in the USSR.

We stayed out until 5 again after having the first vodka of the trip. Breathing out before drinking is the sensible way to do it and it actually went down reasonably well. Can't keep up this pace indefinitely though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home