Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Catch Of The Day

Charleston

This is a very fine city. It manages to have some great tree-lined main streets and grand old Southern houses without seeming too much of a tourist trap, like Savannah does. Wandering around is an all-day activity in itself, perfect for yet another clear sunny afternoon. I also get the impression the historic downtown is still a very lived-in area. Take away the ridiculous horse-and-carriage tours that are a regular feature of the place and it wouldn't seem like a tourist town at all.

I broke the day up by treating myself to a posh lunch. If there's one thing Charleston's famous for (other than dancing of course, and there's not much chance of me doing that) it's seafood, and I indulged in a fresh flounder in a little restaurant in town. With green beans and sweet potato, and washed down with some sweet iced tea, that's good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home