Monday, November 15, 2004

Mercury Falling

Charleston

The ever-baffling Greyhound schedule meant I had to get up at half past four this morning to connect with the only bus here. It's been a lovely sunny day without a cloud in the sky most of the way, the coastal area of South Carolina is a very beautiful part of America to drive through. It's also somewhat parkier than Florida and as I head north things are only going to get more chilly so I went shopping for a new jacket this afternoon. Unlike many cities Charleston still has proper high street shops with few of the dreaded strip malls in evidence, so I managed to make the experience as quick and painless as possible. The wee guy in the shop persuaded me to abandon my traditional dark colour scheme in favour of brown. But then, as they say, brown is this year's black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home