Saturday, November 06, 2004

A Late One

New Orleans

Some British guys went down the local off licence and came back with a huge jug of red wine for $7 so that was the early part of last night taken care of. An American listening to us talk said it was just like being sat around with the Beatles. I'm not entirely sure what she meant by that but I decided I'd make it clear I'd rather not be Ringo, just to be on the safe side.

We were already well drunk by the time we ventured out to Bourbon Street, which certainly helps. All the bars seemed to have cheesy covers bands in residence but we checked a couple out anyway. The time fairly raced on and before long it was 3am back at the hostel and we were setting up for some more poker. My losing streak sadly continued and the sun was coming through the trees by the time I got to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home