Sunday, November 21, 2004

They Look The Same To Me

New York

I suffered during the bus journey up here due to a blasting hangover following last night's hostel pub crawl in DC. We went out in Adams-Morgan which is an area rammed with bars, clubs and iffy-looking takeaway places. A curiously British sort of setting, in fact. Females made up a big majority of the people in the group including two Asian girls, one from Holland the other from Austin. As the night wore on everything started to get a bit blurry from where I was sitting and I produced some real smooth talking. Thinking I was speaking to the American, I asked the Dutch girl about her husband in Texas, then pointed at one of her friends gyrating on the dancefloor and said "see that girl from Rotterdam, what a cocktease!" The confused expression I got in response told me I'd done the old Prince Philip/slitty eyes thing. Thankfully the poor girl's English was less than perfect, I think she's still wondering what I was talking about.

And so I've made it to the self-styled 'Capital of the World', the ever shy and retiring New York City. I'm off to hang in the 'hood and keep it real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home