Monday, November 22, 2004

Close To The Edge

New York

Something cool happened this afternoon. I was on 5th Avenue walking along and minding my own business when I noticed a commotion coming in my direction. A few security people were running on the pavement and I could make out an open lorry a few blocks away on its way towards me. As it got closer I thought one of the guys standing on it looked familiar, a bit like The Edge. And then a guy in shades stood up at the front and I could see two other people behind. It took a few moments for me to fully realise it but yes, that was U2 playing away right in front of me. The lorry stopped briefly which gave me enough time to snap a couple of pictures. They were doing "Vertigo" and I presume from the two camera trucks they were making the video, so if you see it on telly keep an eye out for a guy in a brown coat trying his best to look nonchalant. After about 30 seconds the truck started rolling again and they were off down the street. I suppose that's New York for you.

2 Comments:

At 23 November 2004 at 15:03, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my! well, the filming we watched in Trafalgar Square turned up as a scene in an episode of Spooks last week!!!mxd

 
At 23 November 2004 at 15:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.

Nah!!

It was a live out-take from Starsky and Hutch !!

Cold here in Kazakhstan this time of year.....

See yah,

Buda

.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home